Basic green veggies with creamy avo and an interesting cheese makes a visually appealing salad. Drizzle with a tangy salad dressing to complement all these flavours for a beautiful summer side dish.
30 ml (2 tbsp) Westfalia Plain Avocado Oil
30 ml (2 tbsp) Westfalia Lemon-Flavoured Avocado Oil
10 ml (2 tsp) wholegrain mustard
30 ml (2 tbsp) white balsamic or apple cider vinegar
10 ml (2 tsp) honey
15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh thyme
15 ml (1 tbsp) coarsely chopped fresh mint
300 g broccoli, cut into florets
3 baby marrows, cut into ribbons (see tips)
½ cucumber, cut into ribbons (see tips)
2 handfuls baby lettuce leaves
2 avocados, quartered and cut into chunky wedges
100 g ricotta or feta, crumbled
pepper to taste
1. Vinaigrette: Mix all the ingredients together.
2. Greens: Place broccoli and baby marrows in a dish and cover with boiling water. Allow to stand for a few minutes until just tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
3. Place veggies on a salad platter with cucumber ribbons, lettuce and avocado and add cheese. Serve with the vinaigrette and a grind of black pepper.
1. Cut veggies like cucumber and baby marrows into thin ribbons with a sharp vegetable peeler.
2. This salad dressing is delicious on any salad. Or use it as a marinade for chicken or fish.
3. Goat’s cheese will also be delicious.