Serves 2 – 4
The tartness of the passion fruit is offset by the sweetness of the honey in this refreshing recipe.
200 g Plain flour
50 g Desiccated coconut
1 Tablespoon sugar
125 g Soft butter
Apple juice or water to moisten
5 Tablespoons honey
1 Teaspoon vanilla
1½ Cups natural yoghurt
2 Large avocados, mashed
4 Large passion fruit
1. For pastry, mix flour, coconut and sugar.
2. Cut in butter with long bladed knife and rub with fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add enough apple juice or water to make dough come together.
3. Form a ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before rolling out flat and laying carefully in the greased pastry dish.
4. Bake blind for 15-20 minutes then remove from oven and set aside to cool.
5. To make the filling, beat eggs, honey, vanilla and yoghurt.
6. Mix mashed avocados and passion fruit pulp into egg mix.
7. Pour into prepared pastry case and bake at 180 °C for about 30 minutes until just set.
8. Cool and serve with whipped cream, extra passion fruit sprinkled with cinnamon, or nutmeg.