1. Collection of Personal Information
You can visit our Website without registering for an account. When you decide to provide us with your personal information, you agree that such information is sent to and stored on our servers. We collect the following types of personal information:
- information we collect automatically when you visit our Website, use our services and/or reply to advertisements or other content. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- information from your interaction with our Website and services, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- information we collect through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
- information you provide to us: we collect and store any information you enter on our Website or that you provide to us when you use our Services. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- information that you provide to us when you register for an account or for the services that you use;
- additional information that you may provide to us through social media sites or third party services;
- information provided in the context of dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website or correspondence that is sent to us;
- information about your location and the location of your device, including your device’s unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device; and
- information from other sources: we may receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. This information includes, but is not limited to: demographic data, navigation data, additional contact data and additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities, to the extent permitted by law.
2. Use of Personal Information.
You agree that we may use your personal information (see above) for the following purposes:
- to provide you access to our services by means of e-mail or telephone;
- to personalise, measure and improve our services, content and ads;
- to provide you with other services that you have requested, as described when we collected the information.
- service providers with whom we have entered into an agreement to help us provide our services on the Website, such as financial service providers, marketing agencies and technical support. In such cases, the personal information shall remain under the control of the Company;
- other third parties to whom you have given consent to share your information via [same as above], e.g. in the framework of a cooperation;
- companies that we intend to merge with in the context of a reorganization or that acquire us;
- an intellectual property owner if the owner of an intellectual property right or an intermediary in good faith believes that an advertisement violates the rights of the owner. Before personal information is provided, the IP owner will enter into an agreement that, inter alia, stipulates that information is only provided on the strict condition that it may only be used in the context of legal proceedings and/or obtaining legal advice and/or to answer questions from the relevant advertiser.
Without limitation to the foregoing, we shall moreover in our efforts to respect your privacy and to keep the website free of malicious persons or parties not disclose your personal information to third parties without a court order or formal request from the government in accordance with applicable law, unless we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to prevent impending injury or financial damages or to report alleged illegal activities.
3. Protection and Retention of your Personal Information.
We protect your information by using technical and administrative security measures (such as firewalls, data encryption, and physical and administrative access controls to the data and servers) that limit the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration.
We retain personal information no longer than is legally permissible and delete personal information when it is no longer necessary for the purposes as described above.
5. Other information
The following terms shall have the corresponding meanings assigned to them:
“Intellectual Property” means, collectively, the patents, copyrights (and moral rights), Trade Marks, designs, models, brands, names, trade names, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, Know-How, trade secrets and any other type of intellectual property (whether registered or unregistered including applications for and rights to obtain or use same) which are owned by, licensed to, used and/or held (whether or not currently) by the Company on or in connection with this website;
“Know-How” means all the ideas, designs, documents, diagrams, information, devices, technical and scientific data, secret and other processes and methods used by the Company in connection with this Website, as well as, all available information regarding marketing and promotion of the products and services described in this Website, as well as all and any modifications or improvements to any of them;
“Trade Marks” means those trademarks owned by the Company and any other trademarks, designs, logos, style names and slogans which the Company owns or has the right to use or any derivative service offerings of, and applications for, any of same.
“Website Material” means the contents of this website, including without limitation, all and any information, data, documents, Intellectual Property, material, products (including software) or services contained in, accessed through, or downloaded or obtained from this.
8. Website Material – Scope of Permitted Use
You may alter, modify, decompile, reverse-engineer, copy, reproduce, distribute, transfer, sell, transmit, display, broadcast, publish, exploit, license or create derivative works from the Website Material.
You may not link to any page on this Website or frame this Website or any of the pages on this Website in any way whatsoever without the prior written permission of the Company.
This Website is copyright of the Company. All rights reserved. You must get the Company’s prior written approval if you wish to copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, broadcast or publish any Website Material, whether electronically or otherwise. The Company’s entitled, in its sole discretion, to withhold or grant consent and may also impose any conditions on any consent which is granted.
To the extent that any copying, reproduction, distribution, transmission, display, broadcasting or publishing of any Website Material may be expressly permitted by the Company (such permission to be interpreted in its most restrictive sense) you may do so, provided that all Trade Marks, trade names and all copyright, ownership, proprietary and confidentiality notices as are included on the original are retained and displayed without alteration or modification and not in any manner obscured or removed.
9. Intellectual Property
The Intellectual Property is owned by the Company or used under license or with permission. Trade Marks displayed on this Website are either trademarks owned by the Company or belong to their respective owners. You may not copy, reproduce, display or use any Intellectual Property in any manner whatsoever without the Company’s prior written permission and nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any Intellectual Property.
Where any of the Website Material have been licensed to the Company or belong to any third party, your rights of use will also be subject to any terms and conditions which that licensor or third party imposes from time to time and you agree to comply with such terms and conditions.
10. Website Behaviour
You may not use this Website to obtain or distribute:
- copyrighted material or material protected by laws relating to intellectual property rights without the permission of THE COMPANY;
- material containing viruses or any other destructive materials or data or code which is able to corrupt, interfere with, jeopardise, disrupt, disable, harm or otherwise impede in any manner the operation of a computer system or hardware or software;
- material which is defamatory, unlawful or contains hate speech; or
- bulk e-mail, whether solicited or unsolicited.
You must not interfere with or jeopardise the functionality or the operation of any part of this Website or attempt to interfere with or jeopardise, disrupt, disable, harm or otherwise impede in any manner the functionality or operation of any part of this website or of the Website Material.
11. Security and Passwords
You may choose or be allocated a password in order to enable you to gain access to certain parts of this Website or the Website Material (“your Password”). The Company may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason revoke your Password and consequently your access to certain parts of this Website or the Website Material.
You must keep your Password secret and confidential. You must immediately notify the Company in writing if the secrecy or confidentiality of your Password is compromised or if your Password is disclosed to any unauthorised person.
You must only use your Password in order to use this Website for the permitted use.
The Company may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason change your Password or require you to change your password. You will be notified of any changes made or required to your Password on this Website.
You will be responsible and wholly liable for any use or misuse of your Password. Any actions or omissions committed through the use of your Password will be considered to have been committed by you. You specifically indemnify the Company for any claim, liability, damage or loss arising as a result of the use or misuse of your Password.
13. Governing Law
14. Legal Service of Documents and Notices
P.O Box 52288
Republic of South Africa
9 Eton Road
Republic of South Africa
Current fax no: 011 726 8600
All notices to the Company must be marked for the attention of the Managing Director of the Company. All notices of a legal nature or relating to legal proceedings must be delivered by registered post to the Company’s above postal address or delivered by hand to the Company’s above physical address or sent to the Company’s above fax number.
Notices given to the above addresses will only be deemed to have been duly given:
- 14 days after posting, if posted by registered post to the Company’s postal address;
- 3 days after delivery, if delivered by hand to the Company’s physical address;
- 3 days after confirmed successful transmission, if sent to the Company’s fax number.
18. Whole Agreement
Privacy Notice Download (262KB)