Serves 4 – 6
Who doesn’t love sticky chicken wings? Have you tried this well-known marinade on cauliflower before? A simple mixture of Westfalia Lemon and Garlic Flavoured Avocado Oils with a drizzle of honey, chutney, fresh ginger and Chinese 5-spice is finger-licking good! Serve these on dollops of Westfalia Spicy Guacamole for a zesty finish.
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Westfalia Lemon Flavoured Avocado Oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Westfalia Garlic Flavoured Avocado Oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) good quality chutney
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) honey
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) apple cider vinegar
- 20 ml (4 tsp) finely grated fresh ginger
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Chinese 5-spice powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head of cauliflower (about 600 g), cut into large chunky wedges
- 1 x 200 g tub Westfalia Spicy Guacamole
- 15-30 ml (1-2 tbsp) sesame seeds, toasted (see tip)
- fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large glass bowl, combine the avocado oils with the chutney, honey, vinegar, ginger and Chinese 5-spice. Whisk together well and season to taste.
- Toss cauliflower wedges through marinade, until evenly coated. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Place cauliflower in a single layer on the baking tray and brush with remaining marinade. Roast for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and sticky, but still slightly crunchy. Baste after the first 10 minutes with pan juices.
- Serve warm with dollops of spicy guacamole, toasted sesame seeds and fresh coriander leaves.
- Toasted sesame seeds: in a large frying pan, without any oil, toast sesame seeds over medium heat until golden brown. Take care as these can easily burn. Remove from pan and cool.
- Alternatively use this marinade on chicken wings and cook to your preference, like in an air-fryer or over the coals. Dunk into Westfalia Guacamole and toasted sesame seeds.