Serves 4 – 6
This marinade is the perfect combination of Asian flavours that pairs perfectly with fish and your favourite Westfalia Guacamole as an accompaniment.
45 ml (3 tbsp) Westfalia Lemon Flavoured Avocado Oil
125 ml (½ cup) Westfalia Plain Avocado Oil
45 ml (3 tbsp) soy sauce
45 ml (3 tbsp) lime juice or red wine vinegar
25 ml (5 tsp) honey
45 ml (3 tbsp) finely grated fresh ginger
salt and pepper
4-6 x 180 g firm fish portions, like yellowtail or dorado
1 x 200 g tub Westfalia Spicy or Plain Guacamole
lime wedges to serve
coriander leaves to serve
- Marinade: Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Place fish portions in the mixture and spoon marinade over to coat the fish. Marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Fish: Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200 °C. Once the oven is hot, switch the element on.
- Place fish on a baking tray and spoon marinade over. Roast for 15 minutes or until just cooked, but not dry. The fish should flake easily with a fork.
- Serve with dollops of Westfalia Spicy or Plain Guacamole, lime wedges and fresh coriander leaves.
- Asian cauliflower: For a vegetarian or vegan option, roast cauliflower in the same way. Cut a large head of cauliflower into 4-6 large wedges. Marinate the cauliflower for 15-20 minutes and roast as above in a preheated oven at 200 °C for 20 minutes. Spoon some of the marinade over the cauliflower and switch on the element of the oven. Roast for another 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Serve as above as a vegetarian meal or side dish.
- This marinade is as delicious with chicken, lamb or pork. Alternatively, use as a roasting liquid for other veggies like butternut or sweet potato and serve with guacamole.