Serves 10 – 12, depending on mould size | Suitable for vegetarians, if not using dairy
A healthy and refreshing combination of flavours and a treat the whole family will enjoy.
2 medium avocados, peeled and cubed
60 ml (¼ cup) coarsely chopped mint
30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
250 ml (1 cup) Greek or double cream yoghurt
250 ml (1 cup) coconut milk
30 ml (2 tsbp) honey
10 strawberries, roughly blended to a purée
toasted coconut shavings to serve
1. Blend avocados, mint and lemon juice with a hand blender until smooth.
2. Mix yoghurt, coconut milk and honey. Keep about 80-100 ml of this mixture and stir the rest into the avocado mixture.
3. Pour the ingredients into popsicle moulds as follows. Start with a small spoonful of strawberry purée, then add about 50 ml of the avocado mixture. Add another layer of strawberry purée and finish with a layer of the coconut milk mixture. Repeat with the rest of the moulds.
4. Place popsicle sticks into each mould and freeze overnight. To remove from the moulds, allow to stand out of the freezer for about 3-5 minutes. Serve with shavings of toasted coconut to dip popsicles into.
1. If preferred, substitute the mint for basil for a delicious flavour combination.
2. If strawberries aren’t available, substitute with frozen berries.
3. The popsicles can be kept in the freezer for 1-2 weeks.