Serves 6 – 8
Delicately smoked fish, sweet pineapple, ginger and lots of coriander makes a delicious light meal with Gem® avocados.
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 10 ml (2 tsp) lime juice
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) avocado or olive oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) chopped fresh coriander
- 25 ml (5 tsp) finely grated fresh ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 200 g baby tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 small pineapple, cubed
- 300 g smoked or salted fish, like tilapia or mackerel, coarsely flaked
- 2 ripe Gem® avocados, cubed
- extra handful coriander leaves to serve
- Dressing: Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl and season to taste.
- Salad: Toss the all salad ingredients, except the fish and avocado, into the dressing. Allow to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the fish and avocado and serve with extra coriander leaves.