Market-style food made at home. Succulent dill-flavoured chicken breasts with salad ingredients and yoghurt seasoned with cucumber, dill and fresh avocado is an easy summer meal.
45 ml (3 tbsp) Westfalia Plain Avocado Oil
30 ml (2 tbsp) Westfalia Lemon-Flavoured Avocado Oil
1 clove of garlic, crushed
60 ml (¼ cup) chopped fresh dill
30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped fresh origanum
4 chicken breast fillets
salt and pepper to taste
200 ml plain or Greek yoghurt
¼ cucumber, grated
1 medium avocado, cubed
4 pitas, halved, toasted and cut open
1 ripe tomato, cubed
handful lettuce leaves
4-5 gherkins, sliced or 60 ml (¼ cup) capers
1. Mix avocado oils, garlic, 30 ml (2 tbsp) of the dill and all the origanum. Pour over chicken fillets and marinate for 45 minutes.
2. Season chicken to taste and fry over a medium heat in some of the marinade until golden brown on both sides. Reduce the heat, add a little more marinade and cover with a lid. Simmer for 5-7 minutes or until just cooked, but not dry. Slice chicken.
3. Just before serving, mix yoghurt with remaining dill, cucumber and avocado and season to taste.
4. Spoon yoghurt sauce into pitas. Divide chicken and remaining ingredients between the pitas and add extra yoghurt sauce. Serve immediately.
1. Serve the same ingredients in burger rolls, but keep chicken fillets whole for delicious chicken burgers. It is also great in a wrap.
2. Add extra avocado to the pita, if preferred.