Everyone loves a hassle-free meal-in-one. This dish is just that, and packed with flavour. Westfalia Avocado Oil is ideal for roasting and the garlic-flavoured oil adds a punch to this tray full of veggies and chicken with a Spanish twist. All you need to do is mix everything together and let the oven do the rest.
30 ml (2 tbsp) each Westfalia Plain and Garlic Flavoured Avocado Oil
juice and strips of rind from ½ a lemon
10 ml (2 tsp) dried origanum or thyme
5 ml (1 tsp) smoked or ordinary paprika
10 ml (2 tsp) ground cumin
5 ml (1 tsp) cumin seeds
200 g baby tomatoes
250 g portabellini or button mushrooms, whole or halved
1 each red and orange pepper, quartered and cut into thick strips
4-6 medium baby marrows, cut into thick diagonal slices
2-3 small-medium onions, cut into thin wedges
salt and pepper
4 chicken breast fillets
2-3 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
fresh rocket and herbs, like origanum and basil
1 x 200 g tub Westfalia Plain Guacamole
1. Preheat oven to 200 °C. Mix avocado oils, lemon juice and rind, dried herbs and spices in a large mixing bowl.
2. Toss veggies into the oil mixture to coat well. Place in a large oven dish in a single layer. Season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes.
3. Remove veggies from the oven. Cut 3-4 diagonal slits into each chicken fillet. Add chicken to the veggies and stir through to coat evenly in the pan juices. Season to taste.
4. Roast for another 20 minutes or until the chicken and veggies are golden brown and cooked through, but not dry. The chicken should still be juicy.
5. Stir spinach into the warm veggies until just wilted. Top with rocket and herbs and serve chicken and veggies with dollops of guacamole as a meal-in-one.
1. If the chicken breast fillets are quite small, only roast for 15 minutes. Take care not to overcook them, as the chicken can become tough and dry easily.