This green sauce is a take on the Chilean Pebre sauce with punchy flavours – a real winner and so delicious with salmon and the chunky salsa.
6 x 200 g salmon fillets
Green herb sauce
60 g fresh coriander leaves, roughly torn
1-2 small red chillies, seeded and chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed
30 ml (2 tbsp) white wine vinegar
90 ml (6 tbsp) avocado or olive oil
3 celery stalks, halved lengthwise and sliced
1 red pepper, cubed
250 ml (1 cup) frozen whole kernel corn, rinsed
2 ripe Gem® avocados, cubed, plus extra to serve
60 ml (¼ cup) lemon juice
30 ml (2 tbsp) avocado or olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
large handful fresh coriander
1. Green herb sauce: Place all the ingredients in a bowl and blend with a stick blender until smooth.
2. Avocado salsa: Gently mix the celery, pepper, corn and avocado with the lemon juice and half of the oil together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and add fresh coriander.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a large pan over a medium heat and fry the fish for a few minutes. Turn over and fry until just cooked, but not dry. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Serve the fish on a generous serving of salsa with dollops of the green herb sauce and extra cubes of avocado.
1. Any firm fish will be delicious in this recipe. Try tuna or dorado.