Since tofu has no fat, oil is necessary when frying it. Avocado oil has a high smoke point which makes it perfect for pan-frying. Crispy pan-fried tofu is delicious as part of a buddha bowl with fresh veggies of your choice. This sticky sauce makes it so much better – you will love it!
- 60 ml (¼ cup) corn flour
- 1 block (about 350 g) extra-firm tofu, cut into even-sized cubes
- Westfalia Plain Avocado Oil for frying
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) Westfalia Lemon Flavoured Avocado Oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) honey
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) finely grated, fresh ginger
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and chopped
- black and white sesame seeds for garnish
- Tofu: Place corn flour in a large flat plate. Add tofu cubes and toss until evenly coated.
- Heat a thin layer of avocado oil in a large frying pan over a medium temperature. Fry the coated tofu in batches, until golden brown and crispy. Remove from pan and turn off the heat.
- Sticky sauce: Meanwhile, mix the sauce ingredients, except the sesame seeds together until well combined. Add to the lukewarm pan and slowly heat to warm up the sauce, stirring continuously until heated through. Simmer for a few minutes until slightly thickened.
- Toss crispy tofu in the warm sauce until well coated. Sprinkle with black and white sesame seeds.
- Serve warm as part of a Buddha bowl with Westfalia Spicy Guacamole and fresh veggies of your choice, like grated carrots, edamame beans, steamed broccoli, coriander leaves and lime wedges.