Start your day with deliciously creamy avo and ricotta. If you love Eggs Benedict, but not the effort of making hollandaise sauce and poaching eggs – here’s a quick and simple alternative.
20 ml (4 tsp) Westfalia Lemon- or Chilli-Flavoured Avocado Oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 avocados, lightly crushed with a fork
4 English muffins or ciabatta rolls, halved and toasted
2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
4-6 eggs, pan-fried
250g streaky bacon, pan-fried
1. Season ricotta with avocado oil, salt and pepper. Gently stir crushed avocados into the ricotta mixture.
2. Place English muffins or rolls on serving plates, top with baby spinach leaves and the avocado mixture.
3. Place eggs and bacon on the mixture and serve with a good grind of black pepper and remaining avocado.
1. If you are trying to avoid eating bread, serve this breakfast on large pan-fried brown mushrooms.
2. This avocado and ricotta mixture is delicious on toast or as part of a sandwich.