Makes one loaf
This tea time treat has all the lemony flavour, without the fuss of grating lemon rind and squeezing out the juice. This versatile zesty avocado oil not only adds a special flavour and texture to the cake, but can used in many other ways.
100ml Westfalia Lemon-Flavoured Avocado Oil
200ml self-raising flour
100ml ground almonds
icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 1,5-litre loaf tin and grease with a few drops of lemon-flavoured avocado oil.
2. Place oil, eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric beater for about 3-5 minutes or until light, fluffy and pale yellow. For the best results, make sure that the sugar has completely dissolved.
3. Sieve flour in a separate bowl and mix with the almonds. Gently fold into the egg mixture, but take care not to over mix.
4. Spoon the batter into the loaf tin and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to stand for 1-2 minutes in the pan. Turn onto a cooling rack and allow to cool.
5. Dust with icing sugar and serve as tea time treat.
1. Serve this cake as a dessert with fresh strawberries and a dollop of Greek yoghurt. Blueberries and raspberries are also delicious.
2. This cake lasts a few days without drying out. Store in an airtight container.
3. Any left-over cake can be used in a quick trifle. Layer slices of cake with fruit, yoghurt, nuts and chopped chocolate.
4. Westfalia Lemon-Flavoured Avocado Oil is delicious in baking, frying, drizzling and roasting. Try it over a green salad or use it to fry or roast fish portions, chicken fillets or pork chops.