Serves 4 – 6
A zesty addition to any platter or dish.
2 ripe medium-sized mangoes, peeled and cubed
½ medium cucumber, diced
½ red sweet pepper, finely diced
45 ml (3 tbsp) Westfalia Lemon Flavoured Avocado Oil
7,5 ml (½ tbsp) finely grated fresh ginger
7,5 ml (½ tbsp) honey
15 ml (1 tbsp) shredded or chopped mint
15 ml (1 tbsp) shredded or chopped coriander leaves
black pepper to taste
1. Place mango cubes, cucumber and red pepper in a large mixing bowl.
2. Whisk avocado oil, ginger and honey together and stir in herbs.
3. Pour dressing over mango and veggies and gently toss through. Allow to stand for 10-15 minutes and season with black pepper.
4. Serve as an accompaniment with any meat of your choice. A spoonful on a grilled piece of fish, chicken or even meat is delicious. Add it to wraps or hamburgers for a fruity flavour.
1. Serve the same ingredients as a salad. Peel and slice the mango into thin wedges. Half the cucumber and cut into thin slices or make cucumber ribbons with a veggie peeler. Cut the pepper into thin strips and serve these with the dressing on a bed of baby spinach. Top with roasted flaked almonds, sunflower seeds or feta as a salad.
2. Add cooked chicken, fish or a tin of chickpeas to the salad as explain in Tip 1 or to the sambal and serve as a light meal.
3. Fresh avocado can also be added to this sambal.
4. Prepare double the amount of dressing to serve over any other salad. Add fresh mango to your favourite green salad and serve with the dressing. It will also be delicious in a couscous salad with chicken and mango.