A delicious combination of colourful ingredients for a light, yet nutritious vegan meal. And when you add anything avo, it’s always better!
30 ml (2 tbsp) Westfalia Garlic Flavoured Avocado Oil
15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh thyme leaves
10 ml (2 tsp) paprika
1 small butternut with the skin on, quartered and sliced into wedges
salt, pepper and a squeeze of lime juice to taste
2 cobs of corn, cooked
2 x 420 g tins red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
4 handfuls baby spinach leaves
1-2 x 200 g tubs Westfalia Spicy Guacamole
fresh coriander sprigs and lime wedges to serve
1 ripe tomato, finely diced
½ medium red onion, finely chopped
½ medium yellow pepper, seeded and finely diced
10 ml (2 tsp) finely chopped fresh coriander
10 ml (2 tsp) Westfalia Plain or Lemon Flavoured Avocado Oil
1. Preheat oven to 200 °C.
2. Place garlic-flavoured avocado oil, thyme and paprika in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Add butternut, toss to coat well and season to taste. Spoon onto a lined baking tray or oven dish.
3. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until just cooked through and golden brown. Set aside.
4. Cut corn kernels in strips from the cobs.
5. Salsa: Mix all the ingredients together and season to taste with salt, pepper and a good squeeze of lime juice.
6. Assemble a delicious salad bowl by arranging butternut, corn, beans and spinach leaves in individual bowls. Dollop with guacamole and serve with the salsa and extra sprigs of coriander and lime wedges.
1. For a non-vegan version, replace half the beans with cooked chicken or fish.