Makes about 500 ml
If you like hummus, you will absolutely love this dip with its extra nutty flavour, crunchy texture and the soft cubes of avo.
50 g macadamia nuts, chopped
10 ml (2 tsp) cumin seeds
1 x 410 g tin chickpeas, drained, but keep the liquid
60 ml (¼ cup) Westfalia Lemon-Flavoured Avocado Oil and extra to drizzle
1 avocado, cubed
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and toast nuts, without any oil, until lightly golden b1rown. Add cumin seeds and toast until aromatic. Stir in chickpeas and toss for a few minutes. Spoon out and allow to cool.
2. Place chickpea mixture in a blender with about 100 ml of the reserved chickpea liquid and the avocado oil. Blend to form a chunky dip. Add more chickpea liquid or oil if the mixture is too thick to your taste.
3. Gently stir in avocado and season to taste. Serve as a dip with snacks or veggie sticks or spread on a sandwich.
1. Substitute chickpeas with butter beans for a bean dip.
2. A pinch of smoked paprika will add a tasty flavour to the dip.
3. If you plan on keeping the dip in the fridge, only add the avo just before serving.