Serves 4 – 6
Adding avo to an omelette is a great way to fill you up without including toast. This is equally delicious as a filling breakfast or light meal.
45 ml (3 tbsp) Westfalia Plain Avocado Oil
8 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper to taste
8 Peppadews®, sliced
60 ml (¼ cup) chopped fresh Italian parsley
200 g boerewors (sausage), cooked and cut into 4 cm pieces
125 ml (½ cup) grated mature cheddar cheese
2 avocados, sliced
handful rocket leaves to serve
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Season eggs with salt and pepper and stir in the Peppadews® and parsley. Pour into the pan. Allow eggs to set slightly, before adding the sausage and cheese.
2. Lift the cooked egg around the edges with an egg lifter, to allow the raw egg to run in underneath. Continue until the egg is nearly cooked, but do not stir.
3. Cover with a lid for a few minutes or until the egg has just set on top.
4. Place avo slices on the omelette and garnish with rocket and a good grind of pepper.
1. Add biltong instead of the sausage.
2. Use any flavoured avocado oil from the Westfalia range according to your preference.
3. If preferred, use a small pan and make individual omelettes.