Makes about 750 ml | Suitable for vegans
Hummus is a well-known chickpea dip and the addition of roasted cauliflower, spices and fresh avo makes it even healthier.
75 ml (5 tbsp) Westfalia Plain Avocado Oil
50 ml lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1 large clove of garlic, crushed
200 g cauliflower, cut into florets
10 ml (2 tsp) ground cumin
5 ml (1 tsp) smoked paprika
1 x 410 g tin chickpeas, drained but retain the liquid
3 medium avocados, peeled and cubed
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C and line a baking tray with foil.
2. In a large bowl, mix 30 ml of the oil and 15 ml of the lemon juice and season to taste. Add the garlic and cauliflower and mix to coat with the oil. Spread evenly on the baking tray.
3. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until just soft. Allow to cool slightly.
4. Place spices, chickpeas, remaining oil and lemon juice with the cauliflower in a food processor. Add about 45-60 ml of the retained chickpea liquid and blend.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add avocado cubes. Blend to the consistency of your preference. Add more chickpea liquid if preferred. Serve as a spread on toast or as a dip with fresh veggies and pitas wedges.