Serves 6 – 8
The combination of roasted sweet peppers and balsamic vinegar is well-known. Add a hint of lemon with Westfalia Lemon Flavoured Avocado Oil, double cream yoghurt and dollops of Westfalia Guacamole for a gourmet dip as a snack, starter, part of a picnic or feast table. This dip is equally good with fresh fruit, like strawberries, or any veggies.
1 red pepper
1 yellow or orange pepper
15 ml (1 tbsp) Westfalia Lemon Flavoured Avocado Oil
15 ml (1 tbsp) balsamic or red wine vinegar
5 ml (1 tsp) chopped fresh origanum
salt and pepper to taste
2 x 200 g tubs Westfalia Plain Guacamole
180-200 ml plain double cream yoghurt
extra fresh origanum leaves
1. Preheat oven to 200 °C and then turn on the element of the oven.
2. Place whole peppers on a baking tray and grill under the element until the skins turn black and start to bubble (about 5-10 minutes).
3. Place warm peppers in a bowl and cover – this allows the peppers to sweat, which makes peeling them easier. Allow to cool and peel. Remove seeds and slice peppers into thin strips.
4. Mix avocado oil, vinegar and origanum together in a bowl and season to taste. Toss peppers in the oil mixture and marinate for about 30 minutes to an hour.
5. To serve: Spoon guacamole into individual jars or serving bowls. Top with dollops of yoghurt and pepper strips. Drizzle some of the oil marinade over. Garnish with fresh origanum leaves.
6. Serve as a delicious dip with fresh veggies or seasonal fruit. Or enjoy as a topping on slices of baguette for a picnic.
1. Use glass jars or small glasses to assemble the guacamole dip. Cover with a lid or cling wrap and pack in a picnic basket. Each person can enjoy their own dip jar or glass with their favourite ingredients.
2. Enjoy this dip with the flatbreads from the Spicy Guacamole with rustic flatbreads recipe.