Makes about 200 ml
Nothing beats homemade mayonnaise and the neutral flavour of avocado oil is perfect for this. Make a batch and store in a jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
2 egg yolks (see tips)
5 ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
10 ml (2 tsp) white wine vinegar
100 ml Westfalia Plain Avocado Oil
lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
1. Place egg yolks, mustard and vinegar in a jug and blend well with a stick blender.
2. Slowly add avocado oil, a little at a time and blend until thick and creamy.
3. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve as a part of a filling on a sandwich, a dip for veggies or roasted sweet potato wedges or anywhere you would normally enjoy mayonnaise.
1. For a garlic mayonnaise, substitute 30 ml (2 tbsp) of the Plain Avocado Oil with Garlic Flavoured Avocado Oil. The Lemon Flavoured Avocado Oil will also work well for a delicious lemony mayo
2. Egg whites freeze very well. Keep them for recipes like meringues or a soufflé.
3. Stir Westfalia Guacamole into the mayonnaise for a creamier sauce.